Friday 14 October 2011

My Mum and an enormous apple pie!

Hi all! It's been a busy week. I've had my Mum visiting from Yorkshire since last Friday. My Dad was supposed to visit but he chickened out at the last minute, so it ended up just Mum. We've had a fab week, spent lots of money and had plenty of laughs.

I thought I'd post a pic of a recent Christmas card I made. Something quite different. I bought the stamp in the sales earlier in the year and have been dying to use it. It is Egg & Nog 5 by Paper Artsy. I stamped and heat embossed the images, shaded in with the old faithful Promarkers and then mounted onto a black card blank and finished with a simple tied ribbon. I'm really pleased with the result.

I also made a felt brooch for my sister, Yvonne. Mum and I clubbed together and bought her a Cuttlebug for her birthday, but I wanted to make her something extra. The photo doesn't really do it justice, it turned out really well, she nearly never got it!
Something else I made this week was an apple pie, it was enormous. We decided to call it 'The Blob'. I went a bit mad with the apples and I nearly didn't get it in the oven it was so huge. It wasn't the prettiest pie I've ever made, but it tasted really yummy. Definitely no pics of that creation!

I'll sign off for now, I have another commission to start for Crafts Beautiful. Ta ta.


No comments: