Sunday 16 September 2012

Christmas Banners

Happy Sunday chums!
I meant to post this card last night, but time ran away with me. I spent ages on this one for some reason. I think it's because I had several ideas floating around my head and couldn't quite decide which way to go.
I eventually settled on a 'banner' card. I wanted to use some papers from one collection, after spending lost hours looking through my stash I finally found some. Then I spent time trying to decide what colour the blank should be. The colours are varied in the paper collection, but I thought it lent itself very well to a kraft blank, so here it is!




The papers used are from the Crate Paper 6x6 Snow Day Collection. A fab collection with quirky images and mix of colours. I cut five papers into 2cm wide strips, then snipped a triangle piece from one end. I laid them on the blank and arranged them until I was happy with the layout, trimmed and stuck them down.

Five buttons were selected in varying sizes, styles and in colours which co-ordinated with the papers. They were threaded and knotted with parcel string, with the exception of one, this had garden twine threaded and tied in a bow securing a short length of the parcel string. The buttons were then attached to the end of each banner, just above the 'triangle'.

Finally the 'Merry Christmas' sentiment was stamped in the bottom right corner in Vintage Sepia Versafine ink. The sentiment comes from the Let it Snow set by Lawn Fawn.

I think I might make a few more of these using different paper collections, now I know the layout, it is quite a quick and simple card to make. I think the hardest thing will be choosing the papers, but that's the beauty of collections, they usually all co-ordinate. Then again, which collection do you choose?.....................Tough one.

I'll post some cards in different colourways as I do them (not sure when that will be).

Well, until next time, ta ta. x

No comments: