Saturday 22 September 2012

Christmas Stars

Hello Chums!

Hope you are all fit and well. I am proud to present another one of my creations which I've called Christmas Stars....because it's a Christmas card and it's got stars on it. Coming up with names for 'said' creations can be quite difficult, especially if you've done a few with the same type of theme. I suppose I could be really boring and name them Stars 1, Stars 2, Stars 3... not very inspirational though.

Anyhoo, here it is, Christmas Stars!



I think it's a simple and effective card and it's quite quick to do.

I cut a piece of red card and used a little craft sewing machine to stitch around the edges. I did the stitching a little wonky to add to the 'crafty' feel. This was then matted onto a white card blank.

Two small stars and a larger star were cut from patterned paper (Fa La La Collection 6x6 paper pack - #LF421 - Lawn Fawn) and attached to the lower right corner. One star was embellished with a small white button threaded and tied with red baker's twine and a couple of glitter dots.

I applied a rub-on sentiment (Bazzill Basics - #304026) to a piece of white card, trimmed and adhered it to the top left in line with the edge of the card.


Tip: If you don't have a sewing machine or don't want to use real stitching, try doodling faux stitching around the edges with a white gel pen.

Tip: Try making the card in various colour themes and patterns. The possibilities are endless.

The Fa La La Collection by Lawn Fawn is a fab new set of papers, stamps and a 12x12 collection kit with sticker sheets. They have a definite retro theme and the colours are quoted as 'pine, poinsettia, and snowy sky'. They are just beautiful, I got mine from Make the Day Special.
That's me for the nonce. Thanks for popping by and see you soon. xx

No comments: