Thursday 6 September 2012

Elegant Christmas

Well hello and a good Thursday afternoon to you all!
Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days, I had a last minute commission to do for Crafts Beautiful. I thought I'd post another Christmas card before I start the next commission.


This is very different for me, but I have a lovely Basic Grey paper collection that I knew would work perfectly with a couple of stamp sets.


The paper is the reverse side of Winter Garden from the 12" x 12" Jovial Collection by Basic Grey. The stamps used are from the Winter Swirls and Christmas Art sets by Hot Off The Press, both the Jovial Collection and stamps are still available.

I stamped a long swirl down the right hand side of a 15cm square white blank in Versafine Olympia Green ink. I then covered the left hand side with the mistletoe design, covering about three quarters of the blank. The 'Tis the Season and flourishes were stamped in Olympia Green onto white card. After trimming it was layered onto card in a shade of green that complimented the paper, then mounted at the top left.

I wrapped a length of gorgeous green satin ribbon (again in a shade which complimented the paper) over the paper join and knotted it at the top. To finish, a few Swarovski gems were attached to the flourishes and swirls.

The papers have a traditional vintage feel, but keeping the design simple and using a white blank gives it a fresh modern look whilst still looking elegant.

Hope you like and thanks for popping by!

Colette x

3 comments:

Nikbee said...

Such an elegant card. I love the paper.
Nikki x

Unknown said...

Hi Colette, this is lovely, the colours are beautiful.
Love
Dawn x

Rachel said...

Beautiful card - I love those greens.
Hope you're having a lovely weekend Colette.

Wedgie xxx