Thursday 28 March 2013

Bottom's Up

Well hello me ol' chums!
Hope you are all fit and well on this bright, breezy and cold March day.
As I mentioned in my last post, it was His Lordship's birthday yesterday, and by order of the cat (with supervision) I had to do him a card from her. So with Bazoo's laser eyes upon me, I came up with this...



What you need...

Stamps: Nine Lives - Penny Black; Li'l Grumpies Occasions - Smeared Ink
Card stock: white
Embossing folder: Spots & Dots - Cuttlebug
Ink: Tuxedo Black - Memento
Promarkers: Ice Grey 1, Ice Grey 3
Washi tape: black/white stripe, red/white diagonal stripe - MT; He Said Decorative Tape (He Said She Said Collection) - Teresa Collins
Baker's twine: red
Button: black
Adhesives

What you do...

Create an 8cm x 11cm top fold blank in white card. Emboss a piece of white card 7.5cm x 10.5cm with Dots & Spots.

Cut three lengths of washi tape and fix to the card from the top right, folding the ends over to the reverse. Cut a notch from the end of each one and then rub gently to allow the embossing to show. Attach centrally to the blank with foam tape.

Stamp the cat and sentiment onto white card and colour in. Trim and mount over the washi tape at the upper right corner of the blank.

Wrap baker's twine around the base of the card several times and tie in a floppy bow at the left. Finish with a button threaded and tied with baker's twine.

It's only an iddy biddy card, but ever so cute.

Anyone who is owned by a cat or has been owned by one will know this pose very well. It's the 'I'm listening to every word you are saying, but I choose to ignore you never the less' pose.

Bazoo does it very well. Infact you know when she is ignoring you from another room, you can feel the vibes - whoooOOOoo! If she isn't wearing this pose, she's doing the Hypno-cat laser eye thingy.

Oooh! Don't forget this month's Blog Candy ends on March 31st! Good luck!

Right, me lovelies, I'm off for a cuppa tea. Thanks for popping by xxx
post signature

4 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Collette
Fabulous card ... Love the image....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Sonia said...

Gorgeous card my dear Colette^_^
Have a beautiful happy Easter weekend^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

lucretia said...

Great stamp and great card.

Dr Sonia S V said...

I agree it is a super cute card
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects