Thursday 8 August 2013

Martha Rose

Mewnin' chums!
Hope you are fit and well. Today I would like to show you a card that some friends commissioned me to make to give to their daughter Martha Rose for her Christening.




What you need...

Dies: Labels Eight - Spellbinders; Chinese Roses, English Roses - Marianne Design Creatables
Punches: Pointed Butterflies 3/8", 5/8", 1" - X-Cut
Card stock: white, lime, pink (pale/mid/dark)
Ink pad: Orchid - Versacolor
Seam binding: white
Decorative pin: white
Crystal: clear
Adhesives
Computer & printer
Font: Italiano

What you do...

Print the sentiment onto white card. Die cut a large label in pale pink and the sentiment with a smaller label. Mount onto the lower left of an A5 landscape blank.

Die cut three leaves from the English Roses set in lime card, a large Chinese rose in dark pink and one in mid pink and a small rose in white. Ink the edges of the small rose with Orchid ink. Scrunch up the leaves and roses and assemble. Arrange and stick to the lower left of the sentiment panel.

Make a bow using two lengths of seam binding, push a pin through the knot and glue to the top of the roses.

Punch two large, one medium and two small butterflies in white card, repeat with shades of pink. Fold back the wings of the pink butterflies and attach to the white ones so the wings stand up. Adhere to the blank. Embellish with a few crystals to finish.

I wanted to keep the card simple, clean and elegant, using only a few colours. I think it looks really fresh and pretty. Martha's parents love it (phew).

I'm in the process of making our card to give to Martha, so I'll be back later to show you.
Thanks for popping by xxx

post signature

1 comment:

Nikbee said...

I had to comment on this when I saw it in my news feed, as my youngest daughter is also a Martha Rose.
Your card is gorgeous. I love the colours.
Nikki x