Saturday 15 March 2014

Old Bird

Happy Saturday peepsicles!
I hope you are all enjoying the weekend :o)
It was my Uncle Roy's birthday on the 13th (Happy Birthday Uncle Roy! - sorry the card was a day late - oops) and I decided to put together this little creation.




What you need...

Stamps: Bird Assortment (97729) - Inkadinkado
Papers: Swagger 6 x 6 Paper Pad - Fancy Pants Designs
Promarkers: Burnt Orange, Ice Grey 1, Mustard, Pear Green, Petrol Blue, Rock Pool
Dies: Framelits Circles (657551) - Sizzix
Card: white
Ink pad: Onyx Black - Versafine
Button: mustard
Parcel string
Adhesives

What you do...

Stamp and colour the owl. Die cut into a circle and mount onto a larger circle of pale blue paper. Cover a top fold 12cm square blank with a smaller square of patterned paper. Cut a panel of the petrol blue paper and die cut a part circle from the lower left side. Adhere the panel the right side of the patterned paper.

Mat the owl onto the blank so it sits in the cut out circle of the panel. Stamp a sentiment and trim into a banner, fix above the owl and finish with a button tied with frayed string.

I know the sentiment is a bit cheeky, but Uncle Roy has a good sense of humour so I know he can take it. Plus, this bird stamp set is just so cool. The bored/not impressed look on the birds' faces is classic.

I based the layout on the Retrosketches #99.




Click here to link to the Retrosketches site or you can find them in the sidebar under Brilliant blogs I follow.

Anyhoo, that's me for now. People to do, places to go, things to see....
Enjoy the rest of your Saturday! xx

post signature

4 comments:

Somdeepa Das said...

Great layout! I agree, the owl stamp is pretty fab.

ellyscard creatief said...

Very nice card.
Gr Elly

Berina RGA said...

nice!! the image is febulous!!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Bad Kitty said...

I like the owl