Tuesday 8 April 2014

A Krafty Thank You!

Aft'noon peeps!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I've been busy making a rag dolly. I made several of them a few years ago and my mum always said she would like one. Well, I've finally got round to doing her one.
When she's finished I'll take a few photos and will post them for you to see. I can't give too much away or post the photo's until I've given to mum (my mum reads this blog).
As the posts regarding the projects I did for the March 2012 issue of Crafts Beautiful have gone down so well, I thought I would share another with you all (I did seven for the Card School - floral cards using one paper pad).



What you need...

Paper: Cara Marie 12" x 12" Paper Pad - K and Company
Card stock: Kraft, white
Punch: scallop border
Stamps: Big Sentiments - Personal Impressions
Ink pad: Olympia Green - Versafine
Gems
Adhesives

What you do...

Make a Kraft card blank 8.5cm x 13.5cm and cover the top two thirds with the Kraft floral paper. Punch a scallop border along a piece of white card and fix to the blank under the patterned paper. Arrange and attach some die cut flowers so they overlap the border.
Finish with a sentiment stamped in the lower right corner and add a few gems to embellish.

There you have it! A quick and simple card that can be rustled up in next to no time. I'm not sure how available this paper pad by K and Company is now, you might find the odd one out there in Internet land. You could use any floral paper collection that you have in your stash (or maybe see somewhere, which is a good excuse to purchase).

The Cara Marie pad did come with sheets of pop out die cuts; if you choose a floral paper that has quite big blooms, you could cut a few of them out an use in place of the die cut flowers. There are some gorgeous papers out there that just scream to be cut up, plus it makes the paper go further!!

Okey dokey.....back on with the dolly. Thanks for dropping by and I'll be back soon :o)

post signature



3 comments:

UTs Hobby Time said...

Lovely bright card.

el said...

Wonderful flowers

Berina RGA said...

very nice card!! I havent seen a rag dolly!! so I'm awaiting your post :)
-Berina
Moxie Craftie