Tuesday 28 October 2014

Mr Snowman - Crafts Beautiful November 2014

Hello peepsicles!

Oooooh! This is a late one for me. I've not long finished a HUGE commission for PaperCrafter (and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it). 

Anyhoo, I would like to share with you the second card I did for the shaped cards project in the current issue of Crafts Beautiful. In an earlier post I showed you the robin shaped card made by using a template and the paper piecing technique.

This one is a bit different, I decided to illustrate a cute snowman and fussy cut him to create the shaped card.

Here is the lovely little fella...



Isn't he adorable? You can copy the image from the pattern pages of the November issue or you can click here to take you to the Crafts Beautiful website and download it for free.

I made a tiny little tent fold card that is attached to the back of him so that he can stand up, but you can't see it from the front. Cool eh?

The handle for the banner is a cocktail stick wrapped with red and white striped washi tape.

I had such fun illustrating and colouring this one and I think he will always have a special place in my heart - I know, soppy or what?

Don't forget that this month's issue of Crafts Beautiful is overflowing with gorgeous makes, ideas and inspiration, as is the website. Pop on over an have a peep!

Okay, so I'm off to bed now for a bit of a read. Thanks for popping by. TTFN xx

post signature

2 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

What a cute shaped card! I love your adorable snowman! It must be so fun to create these projects for magazines! May I ask... how do you get him to stand up?

Colette said...

Hi Kitty! Thank you!

To make him stand up, I made a tall, narrow top fold blank in black card, attached it to the back. I trimmed the blank to follow the bottom edge of the snowman, a small slice was cut from the bottom to allow him to stand straight. xx